Monday, May 24, 2010

Tattoos and Scars


No, I'm not talking about the album by Montgomery Gentry...I'm talking about real tattoos and real scars. As it's getting to be warmer and warmer out, I've been noticing more and more tattoos out there. We live near a small town, a farming town, where you wave to strangers as they drive by, and as it gets warmer out, people wear less clothing so you can see more skin. The tattoos I'm noticing are not on the men, though, they're on the women...small-town moms, farmer's wives, waitresses at the local diner, and young women getting their hair cut at the salons.

I remember when I got my tattoo (at age 30--for my birthday)--it was scandalous! And that wasn't even that long ago. But today, they are much more accepted.
Here's why I'm writing about them. Ladies, make sure you take care of your tattoos! Keep them out of the sun if you can. Moisturize with something that goes deep into the skin, like Emu Oil or Shea Butter. Our Emu Moisturizing Butter is perfect for keeping the beautiful color on your tattoo.

What happens if you don't? Well, you know those old guys that maybe used to be in the military that hang around that one local diner? (Every town has one of those diners.) Look at their tattoos. Can you tell what it used to be? Yes, today's tattoo technology is much better, but they still fade with time until eventually it will look like a cartoon stretched out with Silly Putty.

My tattoo is of a female tiger surrounded by flowers. Her intense green eyes aren't so intense anymore, they've softened with age around the edges. I just wish someone would have told me years ago to moisturize my tiger. I do now...hopefully it's not too late.
As for scars? That same Emu Moisturizing Butter, or even straight Emu Oil, works on scars burns, wrinkles, and stretchmarks. Emu Oil also works for issues associated with arthritis. Try it, you just might find that it works on yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment