Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Mother of Invention


Good morning! It's a beautiful morning here, the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and I'm still on the right side of the sod, as a friend of mine recently said.

We had an issue this past weekend and I had to create a new product quickly to resolve it. I love doing that--solving problems. What a great feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction! The issue was that a customer of ours had a mama goat with mastitis and her udder was swollen to a huge, painful-looking state. She had the look of misery on her face and in her eyes, it was very sad. The vet provided medication, but to help with it, I created a spray-on lotion that contained essential oils for healing. Of course, I tested it on my arms first, we don't test on animals first, even if the product is ultimately for the animals.

Here's the funny part--I LOVE this spray-on lotion for me! Yes, it worked incredibly well on the goat, she's got the energy back in her eyes, the swelling is down, and she seems much better. But now I've got a great recipe for a spray-on lotion that works for aching, sore feet and muscles! It smells good, feels good for hours, and you literally don't have to touch it, so our friend Jessica can use it too--she can't stand to touch creamy-textured products.

Ahh, necessity--what a great mother you are!

Don't forget to check out our current selection of lotions, and stay tuned because I'll be adding our new spray-on lotion soon! Available in any of our current fragrances, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment