Sunday, July 11, 2010

Natural remedy with Essential Oils


It's that time of year again, the beautiful days and buggy evenings. I enjoy sitting by my new little pond and fountain, but I really don't like the bugs! I refuse to use chemical sprays, especially DEET. So here's something for y'all to try--Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil. Not only does it smell great (of course, that's my opinion), it has been found to be "just as effective as DEET"! So why are we using nasty chemicals on ourselves and our children? Heck if I know.

Another good essential oil is Rose Geranium. Also keeps the mosquitoes at bay.

Both are also good for getting rid of sandflies, ticks, midges, and stable flies. Sounds nasty! Try a drop here and a drop there. What have you got to lose but a bunch of itchy bug bites?

More natural remedies will be coming in future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment